Saturday, August 15, 2015
Enough To Know
November 1—November 28, 2015
An international juried exhibition sponsored by the Women’s Caucus for Art, Philadelphia Chapter, of work by mid-career and emerging women, and women-identified, artists over the age of 35.
The contextual space of this show is the stubbornness and persistence of artistic vocation.
Crane Arts Gallery 109
1400 North American Street
Philadelphia PA 19122
International call; open to mid-career and emerging women and women-identified artists over the age of 35. Entries must have been completed within five years of the application deadline.
EILEEN NEFF has had solo exhibitions at Bridgette Mayer and Locks galleries in Philadelphia, and at Bruce Silverstein Gallery in New York. Her work has been shown at the Philadelphia Museum of Art; the Institute of Contemporary Art; the Museum and Library; the Carnegie Mellon Art Gallery; and at Artists Space and P.S.1 in New York. She has received grants from the Pew Fellowship in the Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and the Leeway Foundation. She writes for International. She currently teaches in both the BFA and MFA programs at the University of the Arts, and is a graduate critic at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. http://eileenneff.com
DIANE BURKO has shown at the , Tang and Michener museums, and Tufts University. She has received grants from the Independence, the Wallace, the Rockefeller and the Leeway foundations, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. Her works are in the collections of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, and the Delaware and Woodmere art museums. In 2011, she was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Women’s Caucus for Art.
ENTRY DEADLINE: August 15, 2015
NOTIFICATION: Sent to artists (by email): Sept. 15
DELIVERY: Monday, November 2, 2015 (for shipped work; see instructions).
Drop off dates: Sunday, November 1, 2015: 12:00-4:00 pm Monday, November 2, 2015: 3:00-7:00pm
RECEPTION: Thursday, November 12, 2015, 6-9pm
CLOSING DATE: November 28, 2015
PICKUP: Saturday, November 29 (1-3 pm)
MEDIA ACCEPTED: Open to all media. (Video artists, if accepted must supply ALL their own equipment.)
$25 for WCA members /$35 for all others
• Each artist may submit up to three images through Entrythingy: http://www.entrythingy.com/d=phila-wca.blogspot.com
• Digital submissions only
• JPEG file format images only. For good image quality and fast upload, your image files should be sized at 1500 in the longest dimension
• No more than three images (3D submissions may include one additional image/each for a total of six)
• Files must be labeled: ; in the case of 3D work, if more than one view is submitted, files must be labeled: lastname_title_1 and lastname_title_2
• Provide one artist statement (max 500 characters) for the pieces you are submitting, please edit carefully.
• Completed entry form and non-refundable fee must accompany submission; incomplete applications or improperly formatted images will be disqualified.
Artists chosen for exhibition are responsible for:
• the delivery of their artwork to the gallery at the appointed date and time in a form ready for display (see guidelines below); otherwise, the jurors reserve the right to refuse acceptance
• signing a release form
• providing their own insurance if desired
• if delivering in person taking all packing materials back with them
• picking up their artwork at the gallery at the appointed date and time or arranging for return delivery.
The WCA Philadelphia chapter is responsible for:
• jurying the exhibition
• hanging the artwork
• arranging a reception
• designing a digital postcard, which will be emailed to accepted artists
• the artwork
• staffing the gallery.
DELIVERY/PICKUP OF ARTWORK
• Artists are responsible for round-trip transportation of accepted works. Schedule for FedEx delivery on Monday November 2, 2015, with prepaid return slip enclosed. Works may be hand delivered or shipped prepaid with a return shipping label included in the package. Shipping and labeling instructions will be detailed in the acceptance letter. Shipped works will be returned in the same packaging materials in which they arrive, thus shipping containers must be strong enough for the return trip. Hand-delivered works must be wrapped or boxed for their protection.
• The gallery has no provisions for accepting shipped packages aside from the drop off dates in this prospectus.
• NONE. Although we will handle everything with care, insurance will NOT be provided by the WCA. We will not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss of artwork. Artists must provide their own insurance coverage if so desired.
SALE OF WORK
• Any sales of artwork will be handled through WCA. A 20% commission will be retained on all works sold.
GUIDELINES FOR HANGING
• Framed works must be outfitted with the proper hardware (picture wire, etc.)
• Standard frames only: no clip frames or poster mounts
• If two-dimensional work requires alternative presentation, please confer with the jurors prior to delivery to determine if installation is feasible.
• 25-lb weight limit for wall-hung art
• There is a minimal number of small pedestals. If your work has special display requirements, please discuss this with us before delivery.
Copyrights – All of the images that you must be submitting are images of original artwork created by yourself. Images submitted by you should not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
Juror – If for any reason an announced juror is unable to judge the entries, the entries will be judged by the remaining juror.
Selected Artists – If your work is selected it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver the actual artwork to the gallery and to make sure it is framed and/or gallery wrapped and ready to be displayed.
Usage of Images – We will have the right to publish images of your artwork selected by the jurors on all our social media and promotions.
Retention of Images – By uploading your artwork, you authorize us to retain the images of such uploaded artwork on our system until the conclusion of the show.
Changes in Schedule: WCA/Philadelphia reserves the right to change competition deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Fee – You agree that all competition fees are non-refundable.
Indemnity – You agree to indemnify and hold WCA/Philadelphia, its officers, agents, representatives and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, relating to any claim made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of any of the foregoing terms and conditions and/or any breach of your covenants, representations and warranties set forth above.
Agreement – Entering your work in this exhibition constitutes an acceptance of all the requirements set forth in this prospectus.