Pages

Monday, September 05, 2011

Member News: Alison Altergott

Congratulations to our WCA Philadelphia Chapter President, Alison Altergott who just closed Full Circle/Half Moon at Twenty-Two Gallery, 236 S. 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.  Alison was also the Featured Member Artist on this blog in August.



 "Most of my artistic endeavors are inspired by the landscapes around me, either industrial or natural. I have become more interested in stories, and what the adults in the world leave for the children – emotionally, psychologically, and physically. Some of the motifs in my work are trees, houses, and birds, symbols of intent and also omens of destruction. As a human race, we are always balancing our desires with the inevitable damage we leave in our wake: making a safe home for our family while wreaking havoc on the environment, trying to break free and still feeling trapped. In my printmaking, I often come back to my own story, and what I want to leave behind – and I am still an optimist." 

No comments: