Call For Artists: Score
Calling all artists who aren’t afraid to admit they love sports! Bring your “A” game for a juried exhibition by Art In City Hall featuring an autobiographical presentation of art inspired by sports. They want to hear your compelling story about your life as an artist and your passion for sports. Art can reference sports and athletics, and may include sports objects turned into works of arts, and any other means of creating sport-inspired or -related art. The call is open to emerging and professional artists living or working in the Philadelphia area who create art in all media. You may submit up to four works and there is no entry fee. Submissions must be received by Friday, June 3, 2011 at 4:00pm. For more information, please visit phila.gov/artincityhall.
Art In City Hall – Call for Artists: Due Friday, June 3rd, 4 pm.
Calling all Philadelphia artists who aren’t afraid to admit they love sports! Bring your A Game for a juried exhibition featuring an autobiographical presentation of art inspired by sports. We want to hear your compelling story about your life as an artist and your passion for sports. We’d like to present your story with your art. OPEN TO ALL MEDIA. Art can reference sports and athletics, and may include sports objects turned into works of art, and any other means of creating sport-inspired or related art.
Jurors: Max Mason
Open to artists working in all media. 1st, 2nd and 4th floor display case dimensions are 84” H x 94” W x 30”D. There are 12 display cases.
Rules for Entry
1. Deadline for submission: Received by Friday, June 3rd by 4 pm. You can submit up to four works in the form of digitals. No entry fee.
2. Please submit jpegs on a CD. Each image should be no larger than 1MB, 72 dpi. Please call or email if you have questions.
3. Each jpeg file name should correlate with the entry form. You may include up to 3 details of each work. Each submission must include a brief artist statement (no longer than two paragraphs) and resume as Word documents or PDFs.
4. Return the completed entry form with your digital submission and include a S.A.S.E ONLY if you wish to have your disc returned to you.
5. If you are unable to submit work in a digital format, please contact Art In City Hall for assistance.